Procrastination is like a viral disease that attacks us often. I’m sure at some point it must have affected you. As a result, you postponed action for a later date.
It is a common problem that has a significant impact on our lives. It can lead to missed deadlines, decreased productivity, and increased stress.
Why do people procrastinate? There are many reasons, but here’s a sneak preview:
- Being anxious and worried about your time management
- Having low self-esteem and confidence
- Not sure where to start
- Low motivation
- Desire to have an easier solution tomorrow
- Getting overwhelmed by the task
- Not brainstorming and breaking the task into manageable chunks
When procrastination turns into a habit, it evolves into an elephant in your room and adversely affects your well-being.
However, there are many things you can do to overcome it and get things done the right way.
This blog post aims to assist you in addressing this problem by giving you motivation and relevant inspirational procrastination quotes.
Here are some quotes about procrastination to help you in your quest for a better life:
- “Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.”–Benjamin Franklin-
Probably the best-known procrastination quotes worldwide. It has a variation from Mark Twain, who says, “Never put off till tomorrow what may be done the day after tomorrow just as well.”
This shows the urgency of doing things at present. ‘Now’ is the ideal moment to conquer your “to-do list” and achieve mental freedom
- “Procrastination is the thief of time.” –Edward Young
Edward encourages you not to waste any time… Action should be immediate. If not done immediately, you may regret your actions later in life.
For instance, if you delay asking for a lady’s hand in marriage at an earlier opportunity, someone else might end up snatching her. It will cost you starting all over to build another relationship.
3. “The only way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”—Walt Disney.
To put it another way, it’s putting your money where your mouth is. It demonstrates the value of action over just words.
Another variation of this quote is ‘actions speak louder than words.’
4. “You don’t have to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great.” –Zig Ziglar
All big things start from humble beginnings.
Indeed, it took days to build Rome.
Along the journey, you’ll fail and make mistakes, but out of these and with perseverance, you’ll eventually make it and be great.
5. “The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” –Jimmy Johnson
Are you eager and willing to make a noticeable mark in your life? All it takes is a little more effort in your undertakings.
If you’re willing to go the extra mile, something extraordinary will surely happen
6. “Do not wait for perfect conditions to start. Begin where you are, using whatever you have, and do whatever you can.”-George Herbert.
Never underestimate your power and capabilities. By all means, do not neglect to do something, no matter how small that’ll show you are progressing.
Eventually, all of the small efforts will add up to something significant.
7. “Procrastination is like a credit card; it’s a lot of fun until you get the bill”-Christopher Parker
Putting off doing things will mess up your total well-being.
Cumulatively, the after-effects amount to a lot of missed chances, and breeds lots of regrets.
The pain of paying a credit card debt is like the pain of regretting missed opportunities.
8. “If you want to make a change, you have to take action. Nothing changes if nothing changes.“–Jim Rohn
Every day, you get an opportunity to make a change in your life, but it will only happen if you take action.
When, for example, you expand your learning, the knowledge acquired will certainly enlarge your horizons and unlock doors of opportunity. You’ll stand a better chance of improving your well-being than one who doesn’t take the time to learn new things.
9. “You may delay, but time will not.” -Benjamin Franklin
We all have 24 hours in a day. While some people utilize these hours to the maximum, others are caught up in the habit of delaying doing things.
As a result, they complain of not having enough time in a day!
Try practicing the 8-8-8 rule by allocating 8 hours each for sleep, work, and a hobby. That way, time will not delay, it will be on your side.
10. “Don’t count the days, make the days count”- Muhammad Ali
What you do in a day is more important and should form the basis of your core existence.
Ironically, Ali’s challenger in boxing, George Foreman, demonstrated this well. In 1994, he made a comeback in the ring after practicing for 20 years.
His long-term vision for all those years ultimately counted and yielded excellent results.
11. “Success is Not Final, Failure is Not Fatal: it is the Courage to Continue that Counts”-Winston Churchill
Don’t procrastinate for fear of failing. Every success has an element of failure in it. And by failing you won’t die.
Rather, it offers you many more chances to keep trying.
What better example to back this up than Abraham Lincoln? He never procrastinated and despite the many failures he had, he eventually became president of the U.S.
12. “My life is a monument to procrastination, to the art of putting things off until later, or much later, or possibly never.” Craig Brown.
This quote on procrastination mirrors many people who dilly-dally in finalizing chores. Don’t be in that mix.
If you don’t act in the present, chances are you’ll never act, not tomorrow or in the future.
Your comfort zone will derail your every effort to progress.
13. “Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy its every moment. No idleness, no laziness, no procrastination. Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.”-Philip Stanhope.
As stated before, the emphasis again is on immediate action.
Success will not come to you accidentally on a silver platter. It takes hard work and action.
14. “Procrastination is one of the most common and deadliest of diseases, and its toll on success and happiness is heavy.”- Wayne Gretzky.
If only you’d fear procrastination with the intensity of fearing a disease, you’d have a healthy mindset, a clearer picture of your future, and less stress.
You will be happy and successful in what you set out to do. Always remember these procrastination quotes for inspiration.
15. “Procrastination makes easy things hard, hard things harder.” -Mason Cooley
To beat this, it’s also advisable to tackle your tasks, starting with the harder ones. In doing so, going through the much easier ones will be a breeze.
To overcome procrastination, start by changing your mindset. You need to believe that you can do the task at hand and that you can achieve your goals.
You also need to develop a positive attitude towards work and be willing to put in the effort required. Don’t miss opportunities and chances due to procrastination.
Another helpful tip is to break down large tasks into smaller, more manageable ones. This can make the task seem less daunting and more achievable. You can also set deadlines and stick to them.
Finally, it is important to avoid distractions. When you are working, you need to turn off your phone, close your email, and find a quiet place to work. You can also set aside specific times for work and relaxation.
I hope these quotes help you overcome procrastination. If you have any views, please feel free to add them in the comments section.